Whoever said men's jewelry has to be boring hasn’t seen the latest selection of bracelets, pendants and necklaces available at JustMensRings.com. Don’t let the name fool you; based on customer demand, JMR has expanded its selection beyond just rings! We now offer a wide range of stylish jewelry for men in stainless steel, titanium, tungsten and leather. Here you will find the best selection of unique, high quality men's jewelry to match every man’s taste – all at our everyday low prices!
An often subtle yet crucial detail to men’s rings and jewelry, the finish of a piece refers to its surface treatment or appearance. Here are some of the most popular as well as up-and-coming types of finishes for both traditional and contemporary items of jewelry for men.
Types of Jewelry Finishes
- Brushed - A brushed finish has a textured matte look, and is a great choice for those seeking a ring that will stand up to the bumps and scrapes of everyday wear. This aptly named finish looks as though it has been treated with the bristles of a brush.
- Satin - A popular choice for contemporary jewelry, the satin finish has a matte appearance that is very similar to a brushed finish. The main distinction between the two jewelry finishes is that a satin finish should feel smooth to the touch like a polished finish, while a brushed finish should have some texture.
- Polished - The most common finish seen in men’s rings and jewelry, a polished finish is attractively bright and reflective. While a polished finish can beautifully showcase the jewelry material, it can also display flaws or scratches more easily.
- Hammered - A hammered finish can lend an artisan look to nearly any item of jewelry, and has a bumpy surface that appears as though it were hammered out by hand. Most hammered finishes are matte or satin. The micro-hammered finish is a frequently seen type of hammered finish that offers smaller bumps and dimples.
- Sandblasted - Also sometimes referred to as a rough finish, a sandblasted finish has a subtly bumpy and matte look. The sandblasted finish differs from the hammered finish both in methodology for creating the finish as well as the end result, which resembles a material blasted over a period of time by fine bits of sand.
- Wired - Boasting an eye-catching matte look, a wired finish gives the appearance of having been scratched or beaten repeatedly with a thin piece of wire. Like the swirled and sandblasted finishes, this unique jewelry finish is most often seen in contemporary items of jewelry.