Stainless steel could easily be considered the original contemporary jewelry material, long pre-dating other popular contemporary materials like titanium and tungsten carbide. The scope of stainless steel benefits is impressive: stainless steel is durable, easy to maintain and offers some of the best pricing on the market for men’s rings and jewelry. Stainless steel is available in several grades, although the highest quality grade for jewelry is 316L. All of JustMensRings.com’s stainless steel rings, bracelets, pendants and necklaces are made from 316L surgical steel.
What is Stainless Steel?
- Stainless steel is made from an alloy of steel and chromium, the latter of which lends stainless steel its incredible tarnish resistance.
- Despite its considerable hardiness, stainless steel is one of the most affordable jewelry materials on the market.
- Stainless steel is available in a number of different grades, the most preferable of which for jewelry for durability reasons is 316L.
- Stainless steel is hypoallergenic and safe for allergic skin.
- Because of the strength of the material, stainless steel rings are not resizable - however, their incredibly low price point makes it easy to replace a stainless steel ring if need be.
- Stainless steel rings can be removed in case of an emergency using a jeweler’s saw or bolt cutters.