Gold Rings Information
Often considered to be the most traditional choice for men’s wedding bands, gold rings offer a timelessly elegant and luxurious look. Gold has been treasured for thousands of years starting with the Ancient Egyptians due to its incomparable color and superior malleability.
Today men’s gold rings can be found in a number of colors, karat grades, styles and designs. A higher karat grade indicates the presence of more pure gold, and usually results in a higher price tag. Thus, men’s gold rings in 10K gold tend to be the most affordable, 18K gold rings are amongst the most luxurious, and highly popular 14K gold rings offer a balance of price and quality.
Facts About Gold
- Gold is the only naturally occurring yellow metal in existence.
- Because it is naturally soft, gold must be alloyed with another metal to increase its durability.
- Men’s gold rings are measured in karat purity and are most frequently seen in 10K gold, 14K gold and 18K gold varieties.
- The most popular colors for men’s gold rings are yellow gold, white gold and rose gold.
- Men’s gold rings can be hypoallergenic depending on the alloy used.
- The alloying material for men’s gold rings depends on the desired karat grade, color and the preference of the manufacturer.
- Men’s gold rings are easily resized and removed in case of an emergency.